Wednesday 29 June 2016

2016 pouch swap Part 2

I signed up for the 2016 pouch swap on 19th August 2015 and it was being run through @sugarandspice77 over on Instagram. The due date for this swap wasn't until 4th March 2016  and it was a secret swap. With a time frame of about 6 months  there was plenty of time for planning, plotting and stalking our secret partners.





My partner that I was to make for was Alison . The brief that I had from her questions that she had answered on the application form was that her favourite pouch was the noodle head open wide pouch but she also showed some extra ones in her mosaic on instagram.




I chose to make her the "Oh Zipped case" from Oh so sweet. I used a natural toned linen fabric to make to pouch and accompanied it with a red cupcake fabric and a minty green with red berries for binding. I also added a strip of natural coloured cotton lace. This was a fun pouch to make and I ended up making myself one too.

 
 



I added some extra's in for her to enjoy to. Some chocolates, ribbon, zips, and hexies. I also couldn't resist in filling up the inside of the pouch too. Inside I included pins, thread, binding clips, bobbin holder and a frixion pen.





My parcel of goodness arrived and it was from the very talented Michelle. She had made for me this awesome huge pouch out of cotton and steel fabrics and  she had pieced hexies for the front of the pouch. I love how big it is and I had only been thinking about making myself a large pouch to put all my hexie stuff in for traveling and on the go.





She also included some extra's for me. Some yummy Tim tams (salted caramel one's OH YUM) some magnets which come in handy as a needle minder too, gel pens, crochet cotton (as she knows I also love to crochet), a cute fox rubber, stickers and some washi tape.



This was such a fun swap and I really enjoyed making the zippered case that I made. Swaps are so much fun and if you get the opportunity to participate in one I strongly recommend it. You will surely enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment