Sunday 8 May 2016

Aussie modern quilt guild zipper pouch swap

I am part of the Sydney modern quilt guild and back at the end of last  year all the Australia modern quilt guilds came together and we did a zipper pouch swap. It was so much fun to participate in and it was fun getting to know some of the ladies from other guilds around Australia. I was lucky to get the most amazing partner ever Sue who I already knew from Instagram. So I will share with you the amazing talent of Sue's with the goodies that she made for me.

The swap item that we were to make  a zipper pouch. The pouch is gorgeous and she nailed it to a tee with what I like.







Sue didn't stop there though. She also made this fabulous sewing machine mat in one of my favourite designer fabrics. Bonnie and Camille.










Then she also included some extra's in my parcel of goodies for me too. Some chocolate, Lori holt fabric (another designer that I love) and some stickers.






I also had sue as my swap partner and I had so much fun making her pouch for her. I made her pouch using a natural toned linen with an accent of a lime check strawberry print fabric. I then set to work and did a hand embroidered design on both the front and back of the pouch using perle 8 thread. I added some crochet flowers and butterflies and some sparkly gems for some bling.






I also included some extra's for sue. Some fabric, hand cream and these fantastic bobbin holders.





This swap was so fun and getting to know Sue a little better was the best part. All in all it was a great swap and I am becoming more and more of a swap addict every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment