Monday 20 June 2016

Sydney stitches and craft show

The Sydney stitches and craft show ran from the 3rd March to the 6th March and was located at the Rosehill race course Rosehill.

As part of the Sydney modern quilt guild we had a stand at the stitches and craft show and I was one of the volunteers on the Friday the 4th March along with a couple of other ladies from our guild. We manned our stall and had lots of interest this year from new prospects. We also had a display there of some of our guild members quilts.


    On the table is Wendy's X and plus quilt and on the wall is Sandra's plus quilt



                                                           Lorena's Opal essence quilt




                                                  Our Guild charity quilt from 2015



                                                              Kathy's David bowie quilt



Once my shift at our stall was over I got to go and have a good look around at some of the other displays that were there. There was some amazing talent on display from some textiles students.  I would have loved to get some more photo's to share with you all but my camera on my phone decided it was going to play up that day and corrupt most of my photo's that I took. But I did manage to save a few to share with you.







After spending some time looking around at some of the displays it was time to go shopping. I made a few purchases, one being my first Tula pink fabric.




I also purchased some kaffe fassett fabrics for my circle game quilt and this gorgeous peacock panel.





All in all I had a fantastic day. I was exhausted by the end of it but I love going to the stitches and craft show. I wouldn't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment