Since this has been a very difficult week with severe hypothyroid symptoms I thought I would keep today's blog post simple and share with you this quick and easy treat.
This recipe brings back so many memories for me because it reminds me of a time when life was so much simpler and my children were young and I would make this for them as a quick afternoon treat for when they arrived home from school. I hope you enjoy this recipe too.
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 Tbls cocoa
1 cup coconut (desiccated)
125g margarine / butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Place all your dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix with a wooden spoon.
2. Melt margarine / butter in a microwave safe bowl. Will take between 30 seconds and 1 min.
3. Pour melted margarine / butter into the dry ingredients and add your vanilla extract.
4. Mix all your ingredients together with a wooden spoon until they are well combined.
5. Pour your mixture into a well greased microwave safe container (I use a square pyrex dish)
6. Press mixture into container and microwave on high for approximately 3.5 mins
7. Allow to cool before adding icing.
1 cup icing sugar
2 tbls cocoa
30g margarine / butter
2 tbls water
extra coconut ( I like to use shredded coconut for the top)
1. Melt margarine / butter with water in microwave safe bowl
2. Using sifter sift icing sugar and cocoa into a separate bowl.
3. Mix the butter / water mix into the icing sugar mixture and mix well with a whisk.
4. Pour the icing mixture over the slice base and spread out evenly.
5. Sprinkle with the extra coconut and then allow icing to set before cutting into pieces.
Hope you all enjoy this quick and easy no fuss morning or afternoon treat.