Thursday 10 September 2015

A quilt for dad

So this Sunday just gone the 6th of September 2015 was fathers day. With a dad that's got everything and when you ask him what he wants he always says "don't worry about me I don't need anything". So with that this year I decided to make him his very own quilt. What better way to spoil him than with a handmade quilt and something he can't say that he already has or doesn't need or want. So I set to work and had some left over 10 inch squares from another project and found some very manly cowboy fabric at my local spotlight store (he loves country and western movies ) that I incorporated into his quilt and turned it into a diamond style quilt. Which I am calling "Country boy diamonds"




 
 
I am so pleased how this quilt has turned out and its something that he can always treasure and he can use to snuggle up on the lounge.
 
I love making homemade gifts for people as I feel like they are something that has come from the heart and its like giving a piece of yourself to those that you love and care about. They are the things that get treasured and hopefully one day handed down through the generations.
 
So happy fathers day Dad and to all the wonderful amazing dad's out there. Hope you got well looked after and spoilt.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment