Monday 7 September 2015

Spotlight quilting expo

So this past Saturday 5th September 2015 was spotlights quilting expo.



So I went along because they were having some free demonstrations of the brother scan and cut and I have one but haven't tried it out much yet and really wanted to see how to use it. They are a little tricky to get your head around but the demonstration  was great and very helpful.

 
I also too some of my quilts that I have made along with me to show the girls and they were all very fascinated by my feathers quilt that I made earlier this year and snapped some photo's for there store.
 


On the day between 11 am and 3 pm they were running some demonstrations and the lovely Jess from weatherill park spotlight demonstrated how to make a santa stocking.


 
 


Then she also did a demonstration on how to use the fabi die cutting system by sissix's. They were also giving one of these away as first prize for one lucky winner.



They also had a second prize for this quilting expo which was a fiskars 45mm rotary cutter and I was the lucky winner of 2nd prize.  YAY me.



They also had some quilting specials on the day on some of there fabrics so of course I couldn't resist and just had to buy myself some more fabric. ( not that I really need more fabric if you ask my husband) but you know a crafty gal can never pass up the chance to buy more fabric especially if they have discounts on.

This was my little haul from the quilting expo at spotlight.


All in all is was a great fun day and I had lots of fun and got to learn how to use my brother scan and cut.
I hope everyone had a lovely weekend take care and stay safe.




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment