Friday 25 September 2015

Crafty Gemini quilt club September swap

At the end of last year I joined an online quilting club with the crafty Gemini. This club started on the 1st of January 2015 and as part of this online quilting club they have been running a monthly swap. At the 1st of each month they list the sign up that is open for a week to enter if you want to join in.  It lists the details for that swap for that month as in what it is we are to make. We have done some great projects over the last 9 months from mug rugs to the ugly fabric swap. These swaps work a little differently to other swaps I have participated in where who you get as a partner they also get you. So no secret swapping . You get to email back and forth and makes friends. This has been a lot of fun and I have met some lovely people and made some new friends especially my swap partner from the January swap who turned out to be living not that far from me and we had so much in common.

Anyway this months swap was an fall/autumn themed postage stamp mini quilt. I had so much fun with this swap. I love autumn and I love postage stamp quilts so it was great fun getting to know my partner and making this mini.

This is the little autumn/fall mini quilt that I made for her. Oh and I used the vine stitching that I have on my sewing machine to quilt this. Some in orange and some in green. (but slap me silly if I ever try to quilt with that brand of orange thread again) it was the biggest nightmare to work with but I do love how it looks though.




And I also made her this little pumpkin pincushion to go along with it.





I have also received my parcel of quilty goodness from her too and I love every bit of it. She has done an amazing job and she went above and beyond making teenie tiny 2 1/2 inch pinwheels. ( Oh so brave of her. I hate tiny piecing, or should I say my machine does and spends more time eating the fabric then sewing it.)




And I totally love the extra pattern that she sent me too.


 This was such a fun swap and I had a blast and I am looking forward to see what the  October swap holds for us. So stay tuned to see what else is coming up.

Take care my lovelies and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment