Friday 20 November 2015

Schnitzel & boo mini quilt swap part 2

Back a few months ago I decided it was time to start joining in on a few instagram swaps. The first swap I decided to join  was the Schnitzel & boo mini quilt swap.
 

 
Now that my partner has received her little parcel of goodies I can share with much anticipation the gorgeous mini quilt that my partner made for me and some extra's that she sent along with the quilt.  
My swap partner Emma made this stunning mini  and it came all the way from the USA.  She used a natural coloured linen (which I absolutely love) and she mixed it with bright colours which is another favourite of mine.
 

 
She was also so generous and spoilt me rotten with these awesome extra's  that she sent along with the mini quilt.

 
 
I also had so much fun working on a mini for my swap partner Lydia and it also went on a long journey  all the  way to the USA.  I will share a picture of below.
 

 
I made her quilt using some gorgeous Kaffe fasset fabrics mixed with some bright solid colours.
And here are the extra's that I sent along with the mini that I made for her.
 

 
After completing my first instagram swap I have learnt a lot. Not just about quilting for other people but also that I love the challenge of making things that I may not normally think about. I loved the mini that I made for my partner so much that I decided to make myself one too and i can honestly say that I really enjoyed participating in this swap. I enjoyed it so much that i have joined quite a few other swaps since then. I can now see how easily swaps can become addictive.
 
 
Wishing everyone an awesome weekend and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment