Saturday 19 December 2015

A handmade christmas

This year I decided early on that I wanted to try and make  mostly handmade Christmas presents. So knowing what I am like and how time gets away from me that last month before Christmas I decided to get an early start on making gifts so I started way back in May of this year with some of the quilting projects that I wanted to make. I have done pretty good this year with getting most of my Christmas list finished by the beginning of November. All I have left to make now are a few last minute presents and some baked goods.



Some great handmade gifts that I have worked on this year have been patchwork cushions, Patchwork table runner's, Polar fleece now sew blankets, key fobs, flower garlands, button bookmarks, pin cushions, table toppers , and baked goods like candy cane bark and cookie's. I still have some Christmas cakes, fudge and pickles to make as my baked goods yet too.




I have had so much fun this year in making Christmas presents for most of the year that I am already planning on working on what I am making for Christmas presents next year and plan to start working on them all year round. I love giving handmade gifts because it's like giving a little bit of myself to those special people in my life and something that hopefully they can treasure for a lot of years to come.






So with that being said and Christmas only 6 more days away I am off to make a few more pressies for some special someone's.

Happy 19th day of Christmas. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment