Thursday 3 December 2015

A quick christmas quilt

It's that time of year when as a patchworker I am madly working away on Christmas quilts and quilty decorations for the house. Time always seems to fly by and I never seem to have enough time to finish everything that I want to make, so when I was sent this gorgeous 12 days of Christmas panel as part of a swap I instantly knew I wanted to turn it into a quick Christmas quilt for this year.




I simply added 2 large border's to the panel to make it large enough for a lap size quilt and then I quilted it up using the serpentine stitch on my sewing machine. I love how it turned out and it only took me about a week from start to finish. So if you are like me and are time poor this time of year (which I think most of us are) and you really want to make yourself a Christmas quilt or a quilt as a Christmas gift then why not take a look at using a panel. They really are fun, effective and quick to put together and you have something wonderful to treasure at the end to keep or as a beautiful Christmas gift for that someone special.

No comments:

Post a Comment