Canning your own foods and preserves has been around for many, many years but I feel like it has certainly made a come back over the last few years. This recipe for sweet mustard pickles is so good and is great for meats and sandwiches. I have also preserved up some jars for great Christmas gift idea's.
2 litres of water
1/2 cup salt
4 large onion's
750 mls apple cider vinegar
2 cups white sugar
1 tbs mustard powder
1/2 tbs curry powder
1/2 tbs ground turmeric
1. Combine water and salt in a large saucepan.
2. Finely chop cauliflower, onions and cucumber and add to salt water. Stand overnight.
3. Heat mixture, cook vegetables until tender, then drain.
4. Put vegetables back into pot with the vinegar, sugar, mustard, curry and turmeric and bring to boil. Then simmer for approximately 20 mins. Add cornflour mixed with a little water and simmer until thick.
5. Seal immediately in sterilised jars.
Hope everyone's weeks is not too crazy so far. I know mine is with only 3 more sleeps until Christmas.
Take care and happy 22nd day of Christmas. XO